opencms-dev Performance, do we have to wait for 5000 MHz Servers?

Robert Schrem rschrem at circular.de
Wed Mar 1 14:04:59 CET 2000

Hi !

I have tested OpenCMS with a RedHat 6.1 System. I looks
quite interesting. BUT:

I have used as Sever a 400 MHz Pentium, 128 MB RAM,
as Client exactly the same system, but under Windows. The
Problem: Each Mouseclick needs 4-10 sec. to get processed
by the Server !! Hard to work with such a system and even harder
if you thake into account, that I was the only client in this
configuration. I think I must have done something wrong in the
setup - or is this just like it is at the moment ?!

Do we really have to wait for the 5000 MHz CPU Server
update to get a usable single user System? What if
you want to use it with perhaps 100 clients?

Another thing is the lack of documentation.

On the other side: It looks promising.

robby