[opencms-dev] Problems with Multiple Projects

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Sat Oct 14 14:24:10 CEST 2000

Vishal,

> Ok, Now I understand how opencms deals with the directory structure. So I
> went ahead and cleaned up everything and recreated the database and
> re-initialized the database.
>
> 1) now I created a new project with the root directory as the included
> directory. But when I went to the explorer view of that project, it was
> making all the directories under /content as faded, disallowing me to add
> anything to the templates directory.
>
> what did I do wrong here ?

Hmm, what has happend here?

When you are in a project, all resources (i.e. files or folders) that
are not part in the project are shown a gray color in the file list. So
it appears that in your case no resource was added to the project at
all.

How did you add the root folder to the project? In the "new project"
dialog did you selected it in the folder tree or did you type the / in
the input field there? I usually just in the / in the input field (not
to forget to add it by using the blue arrow button after that), and it
works all the time.

Something other you can try - make sure that you have selected the
correct project and then press the reload button (the green arrow) in
the expolorer.

Bye,
	Michael

Private: emmerich at german-navy.de
Work   : michael.emmerich at framfab.de
ICQ    : 18897063
WWW    : http://www.german-navy.de
         German Naval History & Home of the Squirrel Observatory