[opencms-dev] Another question - languages

Duncan Dickinson duncan at binke.com.au
Thu Nov 2 05:28:07 CET 2000

Hi,

    Thanks for that. My thought is that I might write a language selection
mechanism for OpenCMS. I realise that it can switch at the moment so I'd
probably like to take that and add ways to switch languages from conf files
or even install only 1 language. In that, it should also be possible to
provide locale-centric images. Are there any objections to this or is it
already being done?

    I realise this isn't on the current projects list but I need the
functionality for work that I'm doing so I might as well give it a go. I
haven't really done any work on open source projects so could someone
indicate how they feel I'm best to work on the source. I'm currently working
on the  4.1.36 snapshot and thought I might just keep doing this and, if
it's acceptable, submit it for merging into the current dev branch. I'd
appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

    I'll go through the source and post some design thoughts if there are no
objections.

    Cheers,

    Duncan