[opencms-dev] JavaScript Problem

Steffen Petter spetter at web.de
Wed May 16 13:29:03 CEST 2001

opencms-dev at www.opencms.com schrieb am 16.05.01:
> Hello,
>
> I personaly use IE 5.50.4134.0600 and have no problems with Java-Script
> errors. Can someone collect all errors and post them to this list? Maybe
> there is a Java-Script professional who can send corrections for these
> errors?

Hello,

Installation notes:
plattform: Win32
server:    Apache 1.3.12 - TOMCAT 3.2.1 - MySQL 3.21
OpenCMS:   4.3.10

today I had also a Java Script problem. I wanted to start OpenCMS with http://localhost/opencms/system/workplace/action/login.html on IE 5.5.
Well done, but if I typed in the username and password then a scripting error occured. So far, I tried the same in Netcape 4.6 and a "Not Found 404" error occured for document http://localhost/opencms/system/workplace/templates/js/opencms.js/index.html.
I know it isn't the right URL for opencms.js, but whenever I entered the Login-URL this error was sent back. Well it seemed that the script opencms.js was not found. I had startet the command-line user interface and logged in as Admin to check for that. Then I tried to read this file by command:

> readFile "/system/workplace/templates/js/opencms.js"

But an "CmsException 2 Not found ..." from database access module (of mysql) was sent back. So far, I checked the folder with:

> readFilesInFolder "/system/workplace/templates/js/"

and surprisingly the standard scripts with opencms.js were listed. It was tricky but I solved the problem by restarting MySQL (,Apache and TOMCAT).

In my opinion there is a bug in the database access module of opencms and it is not a problem with browser versions.

Coming soon: administration module to integrate other databases

Regards,
Steffen Petter