[opencms-dev] Updated major release 4.4.6 of OpenCms now available

Andreas Hochsteger e9625392 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 19 23:39:49 CEST 2001

Hi!

I just tried this release and I have to say that it's really much better than
4.4.0.

I found some problems which are still here:

* cmsshell.sh contains some ^M characters (seems to be saved in windows
format) which causes it to fail if you want to run it under Unix/Linux. It
should be made executable by default too, if possible.

* The explorer still doesn't work with Netscape, Mozilla Opera and Konqueror
(KDE). This should be fixed somehow, since I don't think that OpenCMS should
only be available for M$ IE. Perhaps an alternative plain HTML (no
JavaScript) frontend might be useful. It would be slower but useful with all
browsers out there. Please don't forget to be usable for text-only browsers
(the great Lynx!) too, if you do so.

* I still can't import the modules successfully:
  search.form can be installed, but generates an exception after installing
  search.htdig can be installed without problems
  NewsModule4: nothing happens after starting install
  website_for_oc_4.4.0: nothing happens after starting install

Nevertheless you did a great job with OpenCMS!

One more questions which I asked some time ago:
How can I build the cvs version of OpenCMS?
Ant complains about build.xml.
Can you tell me:
* What version of jdk, ant, ... do you use?
* Which command line do you use to start building and installing it?

If I can make it built somehow, then perhaps I'd have a look at the code how
a plain HTML frontend could be implemented. Can somebody point me where to
start?

--
Thanks,
	Andreas