[opencms-dev] Weird publish bug/behavior

Werner Punz werpu at gmx.at
Mon May 13 14:36:28 CEST 2002

Hi Hanjo, thanks for the fast response. Here is my config OpenCMS 4.6
running on Microsoft SQL Server.
Actually the problem is that I couldn´t track the problem down to a specific
case. It seems to me that on certain files I get this behavior reproducabely
and on others even of the same type I don´t.
But mainly the files affected are elment templates or other kind of
templates and no even elements used only in one or two pages cause this behavior. (It
sounds like the bug you mentioned in your post)
Could you point me towards the files affected by the bugfix you mentioned, I
could try to work the fix into the release version I use and check if it
improves things.
As for static export, I use the default settings there (haven´t looked to
much into the feature yet, so it could affect things)
Anyway I will try to nail down the problem to a more specific case later,
but due to an export time of 20 minutes on some files this might take time.

---
Hi Werner,

could you tell me more about that bug? Which Version of OpenCms do you use?
Are you using the static export?
There we aktually found a bug where a page was exported even if it wasn't
changed. This will be improved in the next release.
But if you change something in the content folder every page that uses this
changed resource has to be new exported. If you change an element or a
template used on every page then every page has to be new exported.

greetings

Hanjo

http://www.gmx.net