[opencms-dev] static export <-> dynamic generating and need help with login in a user cms.login(String,String)

Nico Krause Nico.Krause at nsc.eu.com
Tue Aug 27 11:51:24 CEST 2002

Hi guys,

I have to tell u that I'm going forward with all the great concepts and very
nice features of OpenCms.
(I installed it now on 5 different web servers (!))

But I have 2 questions again...

1.	Navigation and static export
A strange behavior I have with my navigation programming... (the OpenCMS
feature) I've written a guest book which is dynamic and should always be
dynamic. But if I switch to the online mode it always points to the url
~/opencms/export/guestbook
But the "GuestBook" is a  dynamic website - so I definitely need a dynamic
link.
How do I tell OpenCMS (Navigation item) tell take definitely a dynamic link.
The strange thing is that another dynamic website which is a login site
which I linked from every page is always linked to
~/opencms/opencms/login/index.html which is very good

The main question for me is: Does OpenCMS automatically decide how to link
static & dynamic web pages? (maybe I read beyond something in the manual)

2.	Second question: differences between loginWebUser(String,String) and
loginUser(String,String)????
    I tried to implement a login screen which sent' s  its responses  to its
template class (which I can see and debug)
            -  If I hit cancel it exists the login jumps back to the
referrer website (which works great)
            -  if I hit the login button, it should login the user (parsing
the parameter works also great)  to a dedicated website... (an maintanance
screen for the guestbook)
But the problem is at the method cms.loginUser(String,String) .. the "try &
catch" always falls into the catch... although the password is right.. I
tried to digest the password but without any better results... At this time
I did not tried loginWebUser? What is the difference... should I use this?
(I'm currently at work - it's my private homepage project)

Thank you very much for any tips - in advance...

Bye

Nico

Nico Krause
NorthStar Communications GmbH