[opencms-dev] irc channels for support and community?

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 22:36:28 CEST 2002

Hi all.  Andy Mayer and I are evaluating all the open source Java CMSs and so
far, opencms seems the best all around.

Are there any irc channels frequented by this community or any members thereof?
 We're on irc.openprojects.net.  I'm 'dtm' and Andy is 'acm'.  I opened up
#opencms there just in case there isn't already a channel.  Let me know and
I'll move.

We're trying to escape the seductive gravity of the LAMP world
(linux/apache/mysql/php) although it's much easier to learn and deploy, at
least at first.  We can't get opencms working, as he said earlier on this list,
so we'd *really* appreciate any help asap.  It's not your problem, but we are
on a deadline as well as in evaluation stage to see which platform we want to
standardize on.  :-}

We're looking for an open source Java based CMS which can replace the likes of
postnuke and xoops for very generalized non-specific content, tons of gadgets
and modules, and hopefully great community support.  We appreciate suggestions
beyond just opencms.

Once we get this running, we'll post our documentation to make it especially
easy for newbies.

Thanks!