[opencms-dev] Implementation of NewsModule

Mayur Solanki mayur at inflibnet.ac.in
Wed Oct 2 12:11:24 CEST 2002

Hello,

   I have opencms 4.6.1 major with RedHat Linux 7.2.
   It works fine.
   I want to implement News Module4.

   Actually I downloaded the source of it and changed in following
   source files. (com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.*)

   1) NewsBackoffice.java
   2) NewsChannelBackoffice.java
   3) NewsChannelContentDefinition.java
   4) NewsContentDefinition.java
   5) NewsSelectbox.java
   6) NewsTemplate.java

   I only just added two fields in the table "news_entry" for testing purpose.
   I also changed in all above source files and modified all the queries but
   otherwise added fields can't be retrieved from the database( MySQL ).
   Another fields are worked well and it can create, update, insert as well
   delete as usual.

   Now what i have to do after successful compilation of all source files?
   Some of the questions are.....

     -->  Enough to replace of old class files to new class files in
            com/opencms/modules/homepage/news/.....?
     -->  In which templates I have to modify?
     -->  I have to create module?  or I can direct upload class files on
             com/opencms/modules/homepage/news/.....

   Please anybody can help to solve my problem.
   All the related ideas would be appreciated.  Advanced thanks.

Mayur.