[opencms-dev] Static export of dynamic frames

Bart Elberg belberg at idealcorp.com
Wed Oct 16 03:48:33 CEST 2002

I have a website that uses dynamic frames in a template.  For example:

  <frame src="]]><method
name="getFrameQueryString">inside_menu</method><![CDATA["
    name="menu" scrolling="NO" frameborder="NO" noresize marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0">

I want to get a static export version of this website, but don't see how
frames can be handled.  Just to
see what happens, I tried a few different ways.  In the orginal form
(above), the export generates:

  src="?inside_menu"

By inserting LINK tags around the METHOD tag in the template, export
generates:

  src=""

Obviously, not even close.  Looking at the code for
getFrameQueryString(), there is no support for
static export in this method.  So I decided to go to the raw form tried:

name="menu"
             scrolling="NO" frameborder="NO" noresize marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0">

and it WORKED!  Hope this helps other users.

Now for the question... Is there a problem doing it this way (as long as
the URLdoesn't additional parameters)??

--
Bart Elberg