[opencms-dev] Disable lock stealing

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Oct 25 20:10:45 CEST 2002

Hi Bart,

Check out the files in

/system/workplace/restypes/

for each resource type there is a file that describes the
context menu of the resource type.

Look for the line:

addMenuEntry(resource_id, \
  "language_key(explorer.context.overridelock)", \
  "lockchange.html?initial=true", \
  "''", \
  "rules_key(d d dddd dddd aaai aaai aaai)"); \

change the
"rules_key" to "(d d dddd dddd iiii iiii iiii)"
(then the "steal lock" will be inactive)
or to "(d d dddd dddd dddd dddd dddd)"
(then the "steal lock" will not be visible altogether.

Do this for all content types (ie. files in
/system/workplace/restypes/).

Restart OpenCms after you made changes.
This should to the trick.

The meaning of the flags:
i = inactive
a = active
d = deactivated

The positions are for various states of the resource,
online / offline / locked / unlocked / deleted etc.
Unfortunalty I do not have a complete description
available at the moment.

Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior