[opencms-dev] Getting OpenCMS up and running - newsmodule, de mo website

Joe Burkhart jburkhar at tdhca.state.tx.us
Thu Oct 31 16:37:04 CET 2002

I followed the correct procedure using the sql script and importing the news
module on my 5.0 installation.  It all seemed to load without any problems,
but when I try either of the news module demo links from the index.html
page, I get this error:

[news] ??? [CmsException]: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed Error: User method
getNewsList throwed an exception. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/opencms/modules/homepage/news/NewsChannelContentDefinition.

NewsChannelContentDefinition.class does reside in my WEB-INF directory at
the path above, so I'm puzzled.

I also get errors when clicking on the "NewsChannel" and "News" icons in the
admin view.  All of this worked in my 4.6.0 installation.

Using Win2k/Tomcat/Mysql.

Have I overlooked something?  Thanks,

Joe