AW: [opencms-dev] Do you want to use directory translation?

Oppermann, Joerg Joerg.Oppermann at t-systems.com
Fri Dec 6 12:52:50 CET 2002

Hallo,

our experience with charset problems in V5 beta 2.
We tried the following configurations:
1. CATALINA_OPTS unset, jdk 1.3.x (we did not care about the jvm requirement in the release notes - sorry), tomcat 4.1.x
- Administration was opened but we got javascript errors, I tried to research the problem and found that opencms.css was cutted on a 'Umlaut'.
2. CATALINA_OPTS set to -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, jdk 1.3.x
- same problems like configuration 1
3. CATALINA_OPTS set to -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, jdk 1.4.1
- no problems in the administration
- we installed the news module with some tricks and now have problems with 'Umlauten' in news entries, I'm currently in research for the problem.

For each configuration we installed a new opencms version.
Opencms is running on a Windows System and a Sun Solaris System.
As browser we tried IE 5.5 and IE 6.

regards, Joerg