[opencms-dev] Understanding the export function

Sven Dittmar dittmar at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 9 13:45:49 CET 2002

Hi there,

last week I installed a couple of instances by copying the war-files to
opencms1.war etc.

We want to circumvent the user-restrictions for our system (need of
group-admins). And we want to test performance issues.

Now I exported a database of our test-project.
This generates a zip-file in WEB-INF/export directory.

Importing this zip into the other instances works fine.
Except that I don't have the body-content from the database!

If I unpack the opencms-import-zip from the oc-homepage I see a zip and
an sql-file.

My question: how do I get the approriate sql-statement-file from the
internal export function? How does this work?

A pointer to the manual would also be helpful, I checked the 4.6 doc but
did not found a hint.

I searched chapter 1 usermanual. Chapter 9 discusses static export but
not the database export. Chapter 13 explains the "setting up local copy
of oc" and how to import.

Thanks!

Sven Dittmar, RUS Infodienste ------ mailto:dittmar at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Computing Centre University of Stuttgart (RUS)   phone: +49.711.685.5990
Allmandring 30, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany       fax:   +49.711.678.7626