[opencms-dev] Understanding the export function

EXCELSIS - Bjoern Crudopf bjoern.crudopf at excelsisnet.com
Mon Dec 9 16:25:46 CET 2002

Hi Sven,

did you export the body content, too?
I am using 4.6.1 and database export of a project works fine BUT you have
to export the /content-stuff of your project, too.
No sql-script needed.

Greetings

Björn Crudopf
[Project Engineering]

---------------------------------------
EXCELSIS Informationssysteme GmbH
Sophienstraße 41
70178 Stuttgart [Germany]

Mobile  +49 170 7 82 60 11
Office  +49 711 6 20 30 207
Fax     +49 711 6 20 30 111
E-mail  bjoern.crudopf at excelsisnet.com
Web     www.excelsisnet.com
Wap     wap.excelsisnet.com
---------------------------------------

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. If you
are not the above named addressee or authorized to receive this message on
behalf of the addressee, you are not allowed to use, copy, disclose or take
any action based on it or any information herein. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please advise the sender immediately by
reply e-mail or phone and delete this message. Thank you for your
cooperation. If you are the intended recipient please be aware that the
e-mail message does not establish any legally binding relationship. Thank
you!

                      Sven Dittmar
                      <dittmar at rus.uni-stutt         To:      opencms-dev at www.opencms.org
                      gart.de>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject: [opencms-dev] Understanding the export function
                      owner-opencms-dev at www.
                      opencms.org

                      09.12.2002 13:45
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Hi there,

last week I installed a couple of instances by copying the war-files to
opencms1.war etc.

We want to circumvent the user-restrictions for our system (need of
group-admins). And we want to test performance issues.

Now I exported a database of our test-project.
This generates a zip-file in WEB-INF/export directory.

Importing this zip into the other instances works fine.
Except that I don't have the body-content from the database!

If I unpack the opencms-import-zip from the oc-homepage I see a zip and
an sql-file.

My question: how do I get the approriate sql-statement-file from the
internal export function? How does this work?

A pointer to the manual would also be helpful, I checked the 4.6 doc but
did not found a hint.

I searched chapter 1 usermanual. Chapter 9 discusses static export but
not the database export. Chapter 13 explains the "setting up local copy
of oc" and how to import.

Thanks!

Sven Dittmar, RUS Infodienste ------ mailto:dittmar at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Computing Centre University of Stuttgart (RUS)   phone: +49.711.685.5990
Allmandring 30, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany       fax:   +49.711.678.7626