[opencms-dev] Using OpenCMS API in JSP

Choo Ben Chin benchin at livingimpact.com.my
Thu Jan 16 05:17:49 CET 2003

Hello,
    Currently I am trying to code a JSP file (not inside OpenCMS workspace one) to use the OpenCMS API, particularly the CmsObject to createResource() in it.
    I have put the JSP file inside the webapps/opencms, it could instantiate the CmsObject just fine, but when I try to use getRequestContext() function it always return null exception.
    Could it be because the JSP could initiate CmsObject but not access the OpenCMS environment? By the way, I use/started the Tomcat 4.0.6 on win2000, installation works.
    Thank you. Have a nice day.

Regards,
ßen Chin