[opencms-dev] Java WYSIWYG

Julius Ferianc feriancj at crs-net.cz
Fri Feb 21 13:43:10 CET 2003

Hi all,

we're fairly new to OCMS and currently we are experimenting with the
OpenCMS v5b2. However, we found that the use of MS DHTML editor for
WYSIWYG contnent editing is very restrictive for our use (Apple Mac
users).

It's mentioned in the OCMS manual that the OpenCms Group is currently
not aware of an open source JAVA applet that could be plugged in. It
happens that we came across such applet. The first one is called EKIT.
More to be found at http://www.hexidec.com/ekit.php
Mr. Kandzior of Alkacon Software pointed us to another one at
http://dreaming.sf.net/demo/index.php

Does anybody know wether any of these could be implemented into OCMS
and/or wether such activity is being executed/planned ?

Thank you

---
Ing. Julius Ferianc
feriancj at crs-net.cz