[opencms-dev] Http / Https Link substitution - one last problem (I hope)

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Sat Jan 25 06:55:35 CET 2003

Hi,

I seem to have almost everything working correctly with the HTTP / HTTPS
link substitution issues, with one exception.

First I tried "export=https_enabled" on all my images but they still get
referenced as http in https pages.

So, as an experiment, I created a separate parallel set of images, style
sheet and templates that are marked as "export=https". I then changed
one of my https PAGES to use these https images, style sheet and
templates.

I then touched all of my files and republished.

The results were interesting but not completely correct:

1. The references to "export=true" PAGES correctly became http://

2. The references to "export=https" PAGES correctly became https://

3. The reference to the "export=https" STYLESHEET correctly became
https://

4. The references to "export=https" IMAGES _INcorrectly_ became http://,
when they should have been made https://

So, three theories are:

   a. "href" works correctly but "img src" does not.

      -OR-

   b. Items without "exportname=" work but those with it do not.

      -OR-

   c. Items in the rulesets do not work but those not in a ruleset do.

It seems that (c) is probably the reason, but I don't really understand
what I should put in to fix it.

Does anyone have the answer?

Best wishes,

                Ivan

P.S. I apologize for the flood of postings today, but (1) I am very
close to release, and (2) I want to get these issues well documented
with their solutions for developers who follow us.

P.P.S. I would also like to compliment the OpenCms developers for a very
fine job of design and development. I made a lot of changes to the
source code to diagnose and get things to work, but once I had an
updated version of Tomcat and got it configured properly, I was able to
revert to the vanilla jar file.

And finally, thanks to Alex for an excellent job of support in addition
to his development duties.