[opencms-dev] Problems with my Live System

Mario Wallnöfer mario.wallnoefer at msk-informatik.at
Tue Mar 25 10:42:29 CET 2003

I have installed 2 Systems of OpenCms 5.0rc2. One Testsystem at the Office,
one Livesystem at the Internetprovider.
The Testsystem is running without any problem.

At the Livesystem i have some amazing troubles. I really often get a
Communication link error like the one on bottom.
for example when creating a new page, i get this error, going back to the
explorer view, the page got created, but no Properties (Decription
NavigationPos, NavigationText....)

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed error: Error while
creating new Pagecom.opencms.core.CmsException:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess] Communication link failure:
java.io.IOException.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed
error: [com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess]

The same happens very often when editing a page and pressing the save and
exit button. you have to go back with (Alt + arrow-left) and do it a secound
time. then it works.

The only idea i have is that maybe the MySQL database is too slow, and
OpenCMS is running in a timeout.

Please help me, i should bring the System live this week, but it is no chace
to work useful.

thanks
Mario

Mario Wallnöfer