[opencms-dev] Facing Java VM File encoding error

ashik ashik at spectrum-bd.com
Sat Apr 12 14:41:01 CEST 2003

Dear All,

I am facing Java VM File encoding error while trying for standard setup
of opencms. The error is as follows.

Java VM file encoding: Cp1252
OpenCms encoding: ISO-8859-1

As a remedy, I inserted the environmental variable of my Win2k
Professionals MyComputer-->Right Mouse
Click-->Properties-->Advanced-->System Variables a new environmental
variable entry-

Variable Name: CATALINA_OPTS
Variable Value: -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1

But still its giving the same error when I restart Tomcat 4.1.24.

Where am I missing? BTW, I have installed MySQL in d:\databases\MySQL
but I found that the tutorial says MySQL should be installed in C:\. Is
it a must? And at least it does not have any relation with the file
encoding problem, right?

Regards,
Muhammad Ashikuzzaman
Programmer, Spectrum Engineering Consortium Ltd.