AW: [opencms-dev] how to confirm if the database is running?

fangzhu fangzhujilin78 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Apr 24 12:59:01 CEST 2003

 Hi Gezahegn,
thank you for your comment.
i  installed the mysql again then tried to start the installation with a non-password again. regrecttably it didn't work.
i checked the database and found the installation did create the opencms database in my mysql. i wander the reason why the OpenCms couldn't find the database it just create for me and still came out with the same error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!
Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

i'm really confused. could you consider other possible mistake i could have made?

thank you very much.

sincerely

fangzhu

 message from  "Gebreselassie, Gezahegn" <gebreselassie at streitz-consult.de> Hi fangzhu, it seems to be an authentification problem to connect to mysql database. During Installation of OpenCms, you gave perhaps like this:username: rootpassword:(blank - no password)If you did like this, you have also to do the same for mysql-database. Otherwise OpenCms can not connect to the database.I hope, it may help you.With regards Gezahegn Gebreselassie

Yahoo! BB is Broadband by Yahoo!
http://bb.yahoo.co.jp/