[opencms-dev] News Static Export functionality

Mark Miller mark.miller at hema.ch
Thu Jul 3 19:09:02 CEST 2003

A while ago I asked if this was possible but didn't get an answer, so I
guess nobody has bothered implementing something like it.

In case anyone else wants (BASIC) static export functionality for the
news module, I have included the jsp files I used to do it.

I guess in many ways it is like the Article management module (but not
as elegant).

There are three files, I have included the double extensions so you can
see what resource types they are (they have to manually created and the
source copied in . sorry, no nice module)

newsStatic.jsp.jsp
this is the main file that exports all news items to separate html files
using

newsItemTemplate.jsp.jsp
this is the template describing how a news item should look like.
Basically newsStatic.jsp.jsp writes a new copy of this file and replaces
the string%NEWSID% with the actual newsid

news.html.jsp
this is just an example of how to call newsStatic.jsp.jsp from another
page (ie. to include links to news items)

Apologies . this write up is really crap, but if anyone is interested
init and has questions then just ask and I'll try to clear them up a
little better. Tomorrow I'll try and write up a better
description/installation thingy.

I would really have liked to include the functionality of
newsStatic.jsp.jsp into the news module administration windows, as a 'Do
Static Export' button . but I have no idea how to.

All the best,

Mark.