[opencms-dev] could not connect to database

Rene Hinojosa R_Hinojosa at Cityofsouthfield.com
Wed Jul 9 16:09:01 CEST 2003

Greetings,

Have you looked at the priveleges table in mysql database? I've run into instances where my db connections were setup as localhost and the webserver would try to connect as the machines ip address. If the priveleges are set not to allow the user to connect from an ip other than localhost(127.0.0.1) then it will not work. Check the mysql logs instead of the tomcat logs.

Rene

>>> David.Cure at Finix.EU.Org 07/09/03 04:45AM >>>

		Hello,

	I install opencms on this system :

	o Solaris 9
	o jdk 1.4.0
	o tomcat 4.1.24
	o mysql 4.0.13 (standard)

	And after the installation, when I want to acces opencms (with
URL http://host/opencms/opencms), i've got this error :

Exception :
javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!
Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

root cause :
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed
error: Database init failed.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init
error. Detailed error: Critical error while loading resourcebroker.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed
error: [com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess] Invalid argument value:
Duplicate entry 'Guests' for key 2.
root cause was java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument value: Duplicate
entry 'Guests' for key 2

	The database is up, i can connect localy with the user who has
privilege on opencms database. And the database/table creation and the workplace
import are OK during the installation.

	Any idea ?

	Thanks in advance,

	David.