[opencms-dev] HTML Tidy and WYSIWYG editor

Urich, Chase ChaseUrich at letu.edu
Thu Jul 10 18:23:01 CEST 2003

Is there a way to prevent the "code cleanup" that occurs when you save a
file from the WYSIWYG editor?

The editor strips the HTML down and removes any code that it does not
recognize. It even removes code that is considered "optional" in the W3C
HTML 4.01 spec, which it appears it is attempting to validate against.

For example, I have a script that reads a file and replaces certain
placholders before displaying the file. I cannot use the WYSIWYG editor
to edit the files because it strips out my placeholders.

Thanks,
Chase Urich
LeTourneau University
Web Programmer