[opencms-dev] Export question (stylesheet, images, dynamic sources and other resources)

Björn Aberti bjoern_al at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:52:02 CEST 2003

Hi Thomas,

> > The first is where it exports the stylesheet I've created in my
> > resources directory. If I watch the page in the real file system, it
> > seems that the stylesheet is ignored. I didn't find it in my file
> > system. So where is my 'resources'-stuff?
>Did you set the property "export" to "true"? You can also set the
>property "exportname" to a folder

Yes I have set the property "export" to "true". My 'staticexport.path' is
set to a folder in htdocs of Apache. A property 'exportname' does not exist
in my properties file. The stylesheet is still not to find.

>e. g. "/my/resources/" for "/system/modules/.../resources/".

I don't understand that example. Where do I have to specify "/my/resources/"
and whats the relationship to "/system/modules/.../resources/"?

> > Second question: Where does it place the images I took from my hard
> > disk? I've read that I have to create an image gallery!?
>By default the folder "/system/galleries/pics/" to "/pics/".

Ok, I used a picture gallerie, and it has exported the picture to "/pics/".
But the link to the picture is wrong. It still uses the reference from the
VFS.

> > Third question: Dynamic sources like PHP and JSP are normally put into
> > the folder /Web-INF/export/. Is that right? In this folder I only have
>No. The static export folder is defined in "opencms.properties" and the
>default value is "$CATALINA_HOME/${WEB_APP_NAME}/export". Take a look at
>"staticexport.path". For more information about JSP and OpenCms read the
>documentation. All the statically exported files are put into the folder
>"staticexport.path".
>
> > another folder modules with zips, which don't contain my files I've
> > created.
>,----[ /WEB-INF/export/readme.txt ]
>| In this folder (export) OpenCms stores all exportes zip-files. You can
>put
>| your own exported zip-files here to import them via the database
>administration.
>`----
>
> > Since I like to use PHP I've followed the instructions of
> > Joachim Arrasz to use the jk connector and then to put my PHP-files
> > into htdocs folder of Apache. I think Opencms ignores my PHP file at
> > all. I cannot find it on my hard drive. So what am I doning wrong?
>Set the values of "staticexport.path" to your htdocs folder. Maybe you
>didn't export your files statically.

If I use a simple text file, and give it the extension ".php" it would work,
but then it doesn't appear in the navigation, since it's no html file and I
cannot include my templates.

If I use a html file, I cannot add a php script.

If I use a JSP file, it also doesn't work.

This is a very big problem for me.

Any ideas?

Tanks for your help

Regards