[opencms-dev] Export question (stylesheet, images, dynamic sources and other resources)

Thomas März thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Wed Jul 16 14:12:01 CEST 2003

Hello Björn,

Björn Aberti <bjoern_al at hotmail.com> writes:
>> > The first is where it exports the stylesheet I've created in my
>> > resources directory. If I watch the page in the real file system, it
>> > seems that the stylesheet is ignored. I didn't find it in my file
>> > system. So where is my 'resources'-stuff?
>>Did you set the property "export" to "true"? You can also set the
>>property "exportname" to a folder
>
> Yes I have set the property "export" to "true". My 'staticexport.path'
> is set to a folder in htdocs of Apache. A property 'exportname' does
> not exist in my properties file. The stylesheet is still not to find.
>
>>e. g. "/my/resources/" for "/system/modules/.../resources/".
>
> I don't understand that example. Where do I have to specify
> "/my/resources/" and whats the relationship to
> "/system/modules/.../resources/"?
Take a look at the property "exportname" of the folder
"/sytem/galleries/pics/". The files in that folder are placed, when being
exported to the /real/ file system, in the folder
"$staticexport.path/pics/".

>> > Second question: Where does it place the images I took from my hard
>> > disk? I've read that I have to create an image gallery!?
>>By default the folder "/system/galleries/pics/" to "/pics/".
>
> Ok, I used a picture gallerie, and it has exported the picture to
> "/pics/". But the link to the picture is wrong. It still uses the
> reference from the VFS.
Take a look at the examples, especially to "cms.link()".

> If I use a simple text file, and give it the extension ".php" it would
> work, but then it doesn't appear in the navigation, since it's no html
> file and I cannot include my templates.
Create a new "page" with the extension ".php", add a property
e. g. "php_code=/my/php/test.php" and include the code by your template
by reading the property, so you can use different code for each page.

Take a look at http://62.245.145.118/de/ ; it combines PHP and OpenCms,
e. g. the forum template is done by OpenCms resp. all templates, and
they use sometimes also PHP-content.

Best Regards,
Thomas Maerz