[opencms-dev] Module for automating the publication and unpublication of conten ts

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 17:22:01 CEST 2003

Guillaume,

Please find zip files attached.

com.opencms.modules.roundabout.enhancedcontentmodule_2.0.zip is in OpenCms
module format. You can install this just like any module.
r2_exp_date_workplace_5.0.zip includes worplace upgrades and can be imported
with database import function. Remember to publish the workplace upgrades
and and restart your opencms after installation. Also remember to add
attributes start_date and expiry_date to content type page.

Content expiry can be checked from xml templates by including method
checkExpiryDate from the template class
com.opencms.modules.roundabout.enhancedcontentmodule.ExpiryDate. From the
JSPs it can be checked with :-

com.opencms.modules.roundabout.enhancedcontentmodule.ExpiryDate
expiryDate=new ExpiryDate();
if(!expiryDate.hasExpiredJSP(filename))
{
}

Have a try and let's me know what you think. Maybe we could post these to
OpenCms sandbox, if you find them reliable / sufficient enough...

Regards,

Olli

---