[opencms-dev] Help! - Installation error

Marc Fellows marc.fellows at stacs.bham.sch.uk
Wed Jul 30 10:36:02 CEST 2003

Hi all,

For the past month I've been evaluating OpenCMS and I'm very impressed -
its exactly what I've been looking for :-). During this time I've had it
running fine on my laptop under win2k/apache 1.3/ajp13
connector/Tomcat4.1.24 and mySQL 4.0.

Unfortunately I'm getting an installation error (see below) when
installing on our recently purchased production server (running tomcat 4
and on which we don't have access to server.xml). Being a newbie to
java/jsp (ASP and a smattering of .NET before this) its got me beat, but
I suspect that it's some kind of permissions problem (missing utility
class?) related to checking the server configuration.

The error occurs when choosing either standard or advanced setup.

Any suggestions on how to work around this issue will be gratefully
received.

Regards
Marc Fellows

Error in full:
(java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.
java:270)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401
)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:542)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(SecurityManager.java:125
9)
        at java.lang.System.getProperties(System.java:500)
        at
org.apache.jsp.content_0005fencoding$jsp._jspService(content_0005fencodi
ng$jsp.java:91)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServle
t.java:202)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$0(ApplicationFilt
erChain.java:197)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterC
hain.java:176)
        at
erChain.java:172)
        at
e.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
e.java:190)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.ja
va:246)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:234
3)
        at
:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:429)
        at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:495)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation