[opencms-dev] Installation without dropping db

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Wed Jul 30 14:03:01 CEST 2003

Hi list,

at the moment we run 5.0 RC2 on Oracle 8.1.7 and now want to shift to
opencms 5.0 final and Oracle9i.
Is there any way to keep the old database during setup? I tried one time
without dropping tables, but had a lot of problems with workplace
afterwards: Once again importing the workplace does not work at all and not
importing it results in different versions of workplace.
As I do not want to drop the whole user/scheme on every setup I would like
to know if anyone else also encountered these problems and if there is any
easy solution around.
tia,
Kai