[opencms-dev] System Recovery

Frank Wunderlich k.frank.wunderlich at gmx.de
Wed Jul 30 15:55:02 CEST 2003

Hi all!

I am just about to get a nervous breakdown.
After weeks of work on my new website project, I did a little "cleanup
work" today. The result: Me and OpenCMS have been very,very thorough...
all my content seems to be lost!!!!

What I did?

- I tried to rename the root folder of my project

- The old folder was displayed "crossed out", and the new folder
appeared in the explorer view.

- For some reason I decided to undo the changes (stupid me, always so
unsteady..), but renaming the new folder again didn't work. OpenCMS
said: Resource already exists (Pfff...)

- "Alright!", I thought, "if you are not willing, I will... find another
way.". So I tried to "undelete" the "old", crossed out folder (that
worked, or at least I thought so...) and then to delete the one I just
created.

The problem: The undelete-operation restored the old folder-hierarchy.
But the deletion of the new folder also destroyed all my content that
was still linked from the just recovered old folderstructure.
All files under "/system/bodies" are gone...

Has anyone any idea, how I can recover my system?
I have noticed that the table "cms_backup_files" still contains some if
not all of my content. But is there a way to restore it?

Many, many thanks in advance!
Frank.