[opencms-dev] Problem finding my ResourceBundle

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Thu Jul 31 14:57:01 CEST 2003

Hi Achim,

you know that these ResourceBundles are for i18n (or l10n?).
First the bundles are called classes so you must specify a fully qualified
class name (this also means without suffix).

You have a default bundle called CalendarProps.properties and for each
language an extra bundle (subclass), for example CalendarProps_de.properties
for german.

Your system has a default locale. Lets say it is de_DE. When you call
ResourceBundle.getBundle("com.opencms.modules.calendar.CalendarProps")
it will first look for a bundle
CalendarProps_de_DE.properties, if it doesn't find this one it will look for
CalendarProps_de.properties and if this one ist not there it will tale
CalendarProps.properties.

You can also call
ResourceBundle.getBundle("com.opencms.modules.calendar.CalendarProps",
Locale.US)
to search first for that locale, then for the default locale...

bye,
Stephan