[opencms-dev] opencms install hangs

Scott Newham scott at wranglers.com.au
Fri Aug 8 08:55:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've got a problem installing opencms 5.0 under debian Stable-Woody/linux. I'm using jdk 1.4.2 and tomcat 4.1.27. I have also tried an older ver 4 tomcat but the same problem persisted. I have successfully setup opencms on windows so I basically know what I'm doing. The database (sapdb) is setup and I can run though the setup and import all files into it from opencms on a windows machine.

When I run setup I manage to create the database.
check_versions.jsp runs and reports "Your system uses components which have been tested to work properly with OpenCms".

When I click continue the browser tries to open the next page but never succeeds. There are no exceptions reported in any of the logs. I've tried on both IE and Mozilla with the same results. The problem seems to be that save_properties.jsp won't run.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?
Any suggestions on how I might narrow it down?

Scott