AW: [opencms-dev] Real Client IP address in Open CMS

Kwok Peng Tuck pengtuck at makmal.net
Mon Aug 18 11:32:38 CEST 2003

Hello Peter,

I don't normally use OpenCMS but it seems you are doing something wrong
in your .jsp code below:

HttpServletRequest req =
(HttpServletRequest)cmsobject.getRequestContext().getRequest().getOriginalRequest();

String ip=req.getRemoteAddr();

You don' t have to do the above, as a the request object is made
available to each jsp page in a webapp by the servlet container.

All you have to do is String ip = request.getRemoteAdd(); and you should
have the ip address of the Remote machine.

The page import for javax.servlet.* is not necessary.

Please have a look at the documentation for javax.servlet.ServletRequest