[opencms-dev] openCMS as a document management system

Jan Moons Jan.Moons at egova.com
Mon Aug 18 16:46:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Has anyone here tried to port the openCMS workplace to be a document management application (in contrast to a web content management system). For that it would have to be possible to adjust the workplace itself, in looks and features. Any experiences here? I think it lends itself pretty well, you have versioning, dossier management (the file manager view), document managent (the rightmost pane), workflow

I would however like to change to look and feel of the workplace, and the filemanager should be replaced by a dossier management pane, where you could look up the relevant dossier, based on dossier status. Has anyone made any attempts in this direction. It seems there are no valuable document management systems available (Apache Slide has apparently been burried). I'll keep you posted,

regards
Jan Moons