[opencms-dev] Error 127 on DB access

Willem Grooters Willem at GrootersNet.nl
Mon Aug 18 20:01:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

I just installed openCMS, using mySQL. It runs, quite slow but that may be a
matter of configuration.Yet, I ran into a problem twice, I cannot find a
clue what's wrong.
Last time it happened, I can recall:

I added a new group "grootersnet" (for maintaining my website) and a user
within that group.
Netx, I created a new project "grootersnet", owned by group grootersnet -
but the system failed to create a database (I think I know why: lack of
privilege). However, the projects seems to be known (on top). Next, any time
I try to access the project, I get an error when the database is accessed.
This happens immediately when I login as that new user, when I login as
administrator there nothing wrong but I cannot seelct this project.It always
has to do with resources so I assumed CMS_RESOURCES is disrupted somewhere.
So I loggin in into MySQL, USE OPENCMS; and then CHECK TABLE CMS_RESOURCES
EXTENDED. Indeed , something was wordn (incorrect length) so I issued REPAIR
TABLE CMS_RESOURCES EXTENDED, after that I rechecked - no errors.
Returning to OpenCMS however: Same problem, and again CMS_RESOURCES has
errors.

Next, I removed user and group, but could NOT remove the projects - even
trying to get an overview of current projects gives me this error.

The errorline is:

9com.opencms.core.CsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed error:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess]General error: Got error 127 from table
handler
root cause was java.sql.SQLException: General error: Got error 127 from
table handler

of cpurse, the location differs from how I try to access the project:
directly choosing it from administration header (Explorer view)
	at com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.getFolderTree(CmsDbAccess.java)
	at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.getFolderTree(CMSResourceBroke
r.java)
	at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.getFolderTree(CmsObject.java)
Trying to get an overview of projects (Current projects in administration
view):
	at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.countLockedResources(CmsDbAccess.jav
a)
	at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.countLockedResources(CMSResour
ceBroker.java)
	at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.countLockedResources(CmsObject.java)

Somewhere, openCMS keeps trach of current projects - otherwise it wouldn't
try to access a non-existing project-database (at least, the project exists
but NOT the database), but in that case I don't understand the 127-error -
which (according the mySQL manual) meansd something rotten in a datafile.

What's wrong?

FYI:
openCMS 5.0.0, mySQL 4.0.14, Tomcat 4.0.4, OpenVMS 7.3-1

Willem Grooters

Willem Grooters
e-mail: Willem at Grootersnet.nl