[opencms-dev] Performance and cms:link

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 09:33:01 CEST 2003

I am having a performance problem with OpenCMS using the online mode.
Testing with just a few users works fine, but when I hit the server with a
load of about 30 concurrent users, the response times go upwards of 20
seconds.  I've put in heaps of debugging code and it seems that most of this
time is spent in the cms:link tag (and it's related API call).

Has anybody seen a similar problem?  If so, any hints on how to avoid this?

I have tried using the static export and this works great.  However, I also
need to get the dynamic pages (search pages etc.) to work correctly and
these need to run in the online mode.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Brett Beaumont

PS. I am using Red Hat Linux and Sun JDK 1.4.1_03