[opencms-dev] Installation Problems

Dustin Moore moored at pixelogix.com
Mon Aug 25 02:30:01 CEST 2003

 I'm having getting trouble getting past the first install screen. I click
"Advanced" and then "Continue" and it pops this error listed below. I
noted in the archives that this error has been seen before but the only
suggested fix was to mess with the read/write perms of opencms.properties.

 I have made every file in the openmcu directory word writable and I still
see the error. How can I figure out what's going wrong?

 java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
	at
 java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)
	at
 java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
	at
 java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
	at
 java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(SecurityManager.java:1246)
	at java.lang.System.getProperties(System.java:488)
	at
 org.apache.jsp.content_0005fencoding$jsp._jspService(content_0005fencoding$jsp.java:91)
	at
 org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
	at
 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:202)
	at
 org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)