[opencms-dev] random crash of tomcat

Fabian Lienert lienert at mitlinks.ch
Mon Aug 25 15:06:01 CEST 2003

believe me i played around with ulimit and sun java on linux. even
setting everything to unlimited did not the trick. opencms crashed
on sun java too not only because of opencms but also because of opening
too many files and processes.
it would be quite an unusable configuration if exeeding system resources starts
to be an issue at no load at all.

ibm java is really running much better.
doesn't anybody know another reason why opencms makes tomcat crash?

regards

fabian lienert