[opencms-dev] random crash of tomcat

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Mon Aug 25 16:05:02 CEST 2003

Hi Fabian,

first of all in my opinion the blackdown sdk is the most stable but also
slowest for linux. Give it a try.
Some questions:
Does it also crash with tomcat in standalone mode without apache?
What is this module where this log message is coming from?

> com.opencms.modules.mitlinks.navigation.LinkBean] : getLink() :
> Connection.close() has
> already been c
> alled. Invalid operation in this state.

Does your server crash without this module? Or do you think it is just a
follow up to the error?

Bye,
Stephan

Am Montag, 25. August 2003 14:43 schrieben Sie:
> believe me i played around with ulimit and sun java on linux. even
> setting everything to unlimited did not the trick. opencms crashed
> on sun java too not only because of opencms but also because of opening
> too many files and processes.
> it would be quite an unusable configuration if exeeding system resources
> starts to be an issue at no load at all.
>
> ibm java is really running much better.
> doesn't anybody know another reason why opencms makes tomcat crash?
>
> regards
>
> fabian lienert
>
> Marius Popa Adrian wrote:
> > You can increase the max file limit :)
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:18:13 +0200
> >
> > Fabian Lienert <lienert at mitlinks.ch> wrote:

> >>before we used j2sdk1.4.2. it opened a lot of processes and files
> >>till the max.
> >>ibm java is running much better.

Stephan Hartmann

Währisch & Feykes GmbH