[opencms-dev] random crash of tomcat

Fabian Lienert lienert at mitlinks.ch
Mon Aug 25 17:35:02 CEST 2003

hi stephan,

> Hi Fabian,
>
> first of all in my opinion the blackdown sdk is the most stable but also
> slowest for linux. Give it a try.

ok. i gave it a try ;-) started tomcat standalone with blackdown debian packet j2sdk1.4
          1.4.0.99beta-1. after a few requests tomcat hanged with open process.
so ibm java is still the most stable configuration.

> Some questions:
> Does it also crash with tomcat in standalone mode without apache?

tomcat with blackdowns j2sdk1.4 1.4.0.99beta-1 debian packet does crash without apache.
another test was with j2sdk-1.4.1-01-linux-i586-gcc2.95.bin i ensured that blackdown java
is compiled for debian stable that means for gcc 2.95.4. with this configuration tomcat
crashes too after a few requests.

but with opencms and tomcat with IBMJava2-141 and without apache it is running more stable.
i'll test it over night.

> What is this module where this log message is coming from?
>

>>com.opencms.modules.mitlinks.navigation.LinkBean] : getLink() :
>>Connection.close() has
>>already been c
>>alled. Invalid operation in this state.
>
> Does your server crash without this module? Or do you think it is just a
> follow up to the error?

it is a module our developer wrote, the problem with tomcat crash is older than
this module. sorry for that log.

if apache mod_jk configuration causes all this, what is the preferred configuration
for going life with an opencms project, as long as with apache it is comfortable to
configure access stuff and virtual hosts and logs are needed by webalizer?
would be an apache-proxy configuration the solution?

thanks for help!

fabian