[opencms-dev] Error 127 on DB access puts opencms *** OUT OF THE QUESTION ***

Ronald Oreel benniehubertus at zonnet.nl
Tue Aug 26 14:46:01 CEST 2003

Willem,

> I also observered that, after I left opencms, a large number of database
> connections of opencms are left open - appearently in SLEEP state. This
> could perhaps lead to let this error reappear in a new session.

The open connections are what we call the connection pool. These
connections are kept opened so that when the application needs
a connection it can simply take one from the pool, and one does not
have to be created and closed. Using a connection pool causes a
huge increase in performance. And I do not think that it is the cause
of your problem.

Regards,
Bennie