[opencms-dev] Error 127 on DB access puts opencms *** OUT OF THE QUESTION ***

Niklas Eklund niklas at curalia.se
Tue Aug 26 14:30:02 CEST 2003

Well, I don't know what went wrong, but you shouldn't have to restart
Tomcat. It normally only requires reloading the opencms webapp.

For speed reasons an application sometimes has to cache stuff in memory,
and when one manually change data in the database, the application still
has it's old cached data in memory which could cause errors. When errors
are detected some apps flush the caches for the involved objects for
them to be reread, but that does not seem to be the case here.
But, if the installation is correct, ie the db user has all the
necessary permissions the cache and db will never be out of sync
(hopefully ;). Since that was not the case here, as you indicate in your
first post, I think it seems a bit unfair to say that opencms is not for
you since you've tried it on a misconfigured installation...

Regards,

  Niklas