[opencms-dev] tomcat java memory consumption

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed Aug 27 18:40:02 CEST 2003

A few things to check:

You can set some parameters for java in the catalina.sh. It sounds like
you may have tried this, but you didn't say exactly what it was that you
tried:

-Xmx[size], -Xms[size], -Xss[size], and -server

Also, it would be interesting to know how many java processes (green
threads) are running. Maybe there is a problem somewhere that is either
hanging threads (in which case you'd have a lot of processes) or leaving
around a bunch of objects that can't get garbage collected.

Sorry... probably not much help.

Matt

--
M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>