[opencms-dev] Problem in importing module ( Lucene search )

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Aug 29 05:00:03 CEST 2003

"/path/in/vfs" should be a path name starting at the root of the OpenCMS
virtual file system.

For instance, if my OpenCMS is set up with these folders:

articles/
archives/
private/

I would set up a <directory/> element for each directory I wanted
indexed -- in this case, probably one for articles and one for archives,
I would not want to index the private/ directory for searching.

So, my registry would contain this:

<directory location="/articles/">
  <section>Articles</section>
  <subsearch>true</subsearch>
</directory>
<directory location="/archives/">
  <section>Archives</section>
  <subsearch>true</subsearch>
</directory>

Now, the <subsearch/> element tells the Lucene module whether or not to
traverse that directory's subdirectories. For instance, if the
"archives" folder had two child folders "old/" and "reallyold/",
<subsearch>true</subsearch> would tell the module to index the contents
of those directories, too. If subsearch was set to "false", then those
subdirectories and their contents would be ignored.

Is that clear enough? Let me know if you have any more questions.

Matt

--
M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>