[opencms-dev] Lucene search on numbers

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Aug 29 21:07:02 CEST 2003

1. I'm not sure why the search does not work for numbers in the
document. They may get automatically added to the stop-words or
something like that... I don't know. I didn't do anything to
specifically block numbers (at least not intentionally:) I suppose that
if you are using the stopWordAnalyzer (the default analyzer for the
search JSP), it may block numbers -- but that's speculation.

2. Check out the jakarta.apache.org/lucene page (esp. the FAQ). It has
info on using all kinds of filters, including booleans.

Matt

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>