[opencms-dev] Backups and Re-starting OpenCMS

David Booker david_booker at excite.com
Wed Sep 3 12:39:01 CEST 2003

To make use of the context-sensitive help, one must re-start OpenCMS to activate the module. OK..... We tried doing this by using the shutdown.sh and startup.sh commands with Tomcat. This was clearly wrong. What's a better technique (running on Unix with Apache)?

Also, does anyone know of an easy way to export the data to a backup outside the OpenCMS system before attempting this?

Finally, is there an easy on-the-fly backup technique for un-published pages?

Shamefully, (just in case what I'm asking was actually hiding in the documentation)
--Dave Booker