[opencms-dev] Some questions about developing Backoffice modules

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 15:44:02 CEST 2003

Greetings,

I've read the Tutorial about building the incredible Vtab Backoffice Module
and developed my own Vtab Backoffice Module (*wow*). But there are still some
questions left i want to ask you:

1.) In the Tutorial i used XML Templates for the Backoffice workingplace. Is
it also possible to use JSP templates like these for "normal" pages?

2.) The Backoffice module was implemented directly into the administration
area. Is it also possible to develop a module that add's a new file type + an
assistant (like the page type)?

3.) Has nothing to do with developing modules: What are channels? I heard
they are used for the news module but i also read a lot of other things.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Sebastian Himberger