[opencms-dev] Multi Site, Static Export and Caching

Brett Beaumont brett.beaumont at sytec.co.nz
Thu Sep 4 01:26:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

We are using OpenCMS to support two sites that share some common content.
All common content is stored in a /common/ folder, and we create links to
this content in the /internet/ and /intranet/ folders.  This works well, but
we have hit a problem with HREFs in one common document that point to
another common document.  What we require is that any links in a common
document of the form /common/page.html should be rewritten in as
/internet/page.html in the Internet export, and /intranet/page.html in the
intranet export.  I have modified the LinkSubstitution class to achieve this
and it works well in online mode.

However, when I come to use the export version, I find the links in the
internet and intranet sites are still /common/page.html.  If I disable the
static export for the common site (i.e. by setting export=false), then the
internet site gets it's links rewritten correctly, but not the intranet
site.  I therefore think that I am getting some problems with files getting
cached during the export process.  If I then re-publish the intranet site,
the links are corrected.

Is there any way to:

a) disable caching during export.
b) export the intranet site without publishing it (i.e. take the currently
published versions and export them).  I have tried the Static Export button
in the admin interface of the online project, but I cannot select which
resources to export.

If anybody has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Regards,
Brett Beaumont