[opencms-dev] Multi Site, Static Export and Caching

Stephan Löffler stephanloeffler at gmx.de
Thu Sep 4 10:01:02 CEST 2003

Hi Brett,

I am relativly new to OpenCMS and I don't know wether I understood
your problem the right way. However, I have used the database management
icon in the admin console to export parts of my project. You can select
which
folder, etc. you want to export and this is stored in a zip file, which you
will find
in the folder you defined in the .properties file of opencms. Maybe this
helps?
I am just not sure, wether the links will be set in an appropriate way.

However, I would have a question to you myself. You wrote, that you have
a common folder which contains all the shared pages. I have tried this too,
but
I have a problem with the .jsp standard_template. (See my post from a couple
of days before.
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q3/006967.html  ) The template is not included if you call the site via the navigation
link. Only if you call it directly via the opencms explorer and I haven't
found a
solution to the problem yet.
So I would be very interested in knowing how you managed to share this
content.
I would greatly appreciate, if you could help me out with this.

Cheers

Stephan

> Hi,
>
> We are using OpenCMS to support two sites that share some common content.
> All common content is stored in a /common/ folder, and we create links to
> this content in the /internet/ and /intranet/ folders.  This works well,
> but
> we have hit a problem with HREFs in one common document that point to
> another common document.  What we require is that any links in a common
> document of the form /common/page.html should be rewritten in as
> /internet/page.html in the Internet export, and /intranet/page.html in the
> intranet export.  I have modified the LinkSubstitution class to achieve
> this
> and it works well in online mode.
>
> However, when I come to use the export version, I find the links in the
> internet and intranet sites are still /common/page.html.  If I disable the
> static export for the common site (i.e. by setting export=false), then the
> internet site gets it's links rewritten correctly, but not the intranet
> site.  I therefore think that I am getting some problems with files
> getting
> cached during the export process.  If I then re-publish the intranet site,
> the links are corrected.
>
> Is there any way to:
>
> a) disable caching during export.
> b) export the intranet site without publishing it (i.e. take the currently
> published versions and export them).  I have tried the Static Export
> button
> in the admin interface of the online project, but I cannot select which
> resources to export.
>
> If anybody has any ideas, I would be very grateful.
>
> Regards,
> Brett Beaumont

Stephan Loeffler
Heinrich v. Kleist Str. 38