[opencms-dev] Backups and re-starting the OpenCMS server

Niklas Eklund niklas at curalia.se
Sat Sep 6 14:51:01 CEST 2003

Using the tomcat scripts is the proper way to start/stop tomcat and
OpenCms. I use:
  [TOMCAT_HOME]/bin/catalina.sh stop
and then, after checking that tomcat has stopped (eg. ps -ef | grep java)
  [TOMCAT_HOME]/bin/catalina.sh start
but using startup.sh and shutdown.sh should work as well.

You can back up all content by using Administration/Database
management/export. Don't think tou can only backup un-published pages.

Regards,

  Niklas